Are you a good communicator? Are you also passionate about teaching others and want to pass on to the next generation of young people? Then you might have what it takes to become a teacher.
In this new article on howdoyoubecome, we will look at the exciting profession of being a teacher and how you can actually become one. We will also look at some of the typical questions, like:
- What qualifications are needed become a teacher?
- How do you become a teacher in Canada, America and the UK?
- Can you become a teacher without a teaching degree?
- How much does a teacher earn a year?
What is the job of a teacher?
A teacher, also known as a school teacher or education professional, performs the following activities as part of their job:
- Plan and prepare teaching material
- Teach students about a given subject
- A teacher is often specialized within a field such as math teacher, science teacher, history teacher, english teacher, gym teacher and many more. You can also teach social studies, art, music, drama or foreign languages.
- Examine and correct assignments in oral and written tests
- Create unity in the classroom and be a “leader of the pack”
- Organize and participate in social events such as field trips
- Network with other teachers and collaborate on teaching
- Continuously develop your pedagogy and teaching methods
- Hold parents-teacher conferences and communicate with parents in general
A teacher can work in a variety of context depending on the school in question. The career of teaching largely depends on where you want to teach. In America, a teacher makes around 55.000$ a year on average.
How to become a teacher
In order to become a teacher, you need to follow these steps.
- First, you need to finish high school with a diploma
- You must then earn a bachelor’s degree. A bachelors degree is required for most teaching positions.
- You can then start applying for positions and develop experience in student teaching.
- It is possible to get certified or licensed in certain instances
- Becoming a teacher largely depending on the country. Learn more about becoming a teacher in UK (United Kingdom), Canada, America and Australia
- You also have the possibility to continue with a higher education which gives you even more career options within teaching.
- What does a teacher do? (Teach.com)
- How to become a teacher (Youtube)
- How to become a teacher (Learntobecome)
- The beginners guide to teacher (Teacher Certification Degrees)